Blog post #10

     Data collection tools such as surveys can be used for various reasons in a classroom, such as collection opinions from students, giving questionnaires on topics being learned, or even quizzing them on content that is being taught in the class. For example, if there is a 8th grade history class that I'm instructing, giving out a survey to the class on what time period they're most interested in (1600s, 1700s, 1800s, 1900s) could be a great way to gauge what the lesson plan should focus on given what the majority of the class is interested in. I also think a great method that could be used for gathering survey data from students would involve an overview of the results with the class, that way there is a level of transparency and clear communication with the class and they can get a view in the survey process. Surveys could also be implemented to measure how students feel after exams, projects, and other classroom assignments. They could also reflect how students feel about the current subject being studied, overall being used as ways for me to assess how my students are faring with the current material and allowing me to make adjustments if deemed necessary.


    I didn't really get to view my classmates blogs, for some reason I dont have access to them on blogger. So i dont have much to put here. However, I did notice some people viewed my blogs. But no one left any comments :( Anyways, unfortunately I dont have anything useful to put here.

    A technology related skill I would like to learn next is how to use spreadsheets (like Excel) more effectively. I have a basic understanding of them and how they can be used, however I would love to develop that skill into a more refined and effective understanding and approach. I can achieve this goal by accessing the Excel file for our project that Im working on with my group and learning how to insert the proper information for calculating budget and expenses. I want to learn because Excel is pretty handy for that sorta stuff and it is a powerful tool to quickly calculate and manage expenses for future use, especially for business purposes.

Comments