Blog Post #6

     Diigo is a neat website. I think it can be useful in sharing educational tools/articles and other resources quickly, but I personally dont see much use for it. It does have advantages over an app like Twitter because its strictly focused on sharing those resources for education, whereas a lot more clutter can take place on apps such as Twitter. I also like the annotate feature, I didn't use it much but it seems like a useful addition for looking into resources and PDFs. The ability to organize on the site is also useful, and the group feature is pretty cool.

    The blogging experience was something i've never experienced in that way. I think the closest thing was when we would do blog posts on Google Classroom, but they weren't like the blog posts done in this class it was more commenting on others contributions, similar to what we do on Canvas now with Discussion posts. Im not that into blogging, but I enjoy reading blogs from time to time. Twitter is probably the closest thing I get to do to blogging, by expressing my thoughts and views on the internet for all to see. Through the blogging process, I've learned more about my own views on teaching and the ability to reflect has provided me with more space to consider implementing more of what I have learned in this class. 

A web 2.0 tool that I would consider using during my teaching is Prezi. This spices up presentations and gives them an interactive feel that can help students stay connected with the subject at hand. 7/10. https://prezi.com/login/ . Another is Google Docs, that is my go to writing platform. It can be used to share class documents with students, and have them all be able to view at the same time. It can also be useful for fostering collaboration between students on writing documents, allowing them to work together. 8/10. https://docs.google.com/ 

Comments