first blog post!

     Hey everyone! My name is Sesame Seed and i'm a second year student at Florida State University. Currently, my major is in Creative Writing with an intended minor in Communications. I have a deep love for writing, music, philosophy and life itself. I love travel and adventure, and i'm almost always down for one, most likely on my own. I also really love animals, and have a 9 year old cat back home named Stitch. He's the sweetest little guy ever. Nature is amazing and beautiful, and I try to spend as much time outside as I can, being cooped up indoors just doesn't do it for me! 


    Throughout elementary school and most of middle school, technology wasn't incorporated as much beyond what the teachers had access to. We had some class computers, teachers had access to projectors and that ELMO thingy, and we would occasionally go to computer labs in the library to access online resources for tests or to take standardized tests/benchmarks. By the time I got to the 9th grade, most students at my school had access to personal school laptops, which revolutionized (for better or for worse, i'm not sure) the way that school was taught. A majority of the work we had done in high school was no longer written, but transitioned to Word and Google Drive documents. Our classes were on Canvas, which helped in the long run because it made the transition to Canvas in college easier on me. 


    The internet is probably one of the greatest learning networks I have access to. I can look up almost anything and if I do enough research and scouting of credible sources, the answer can be found. Another good source for me is the FSU library database, as there is a vast amount of knowledge that can be accessed there as well. I dont really have any mentors in my life in the professional sense, and its more difficult now with COVID but its definitely not impossible! 

Comments

  1. You make a very interesting point about how assignments are now done electronically using word processing software. Kids are starting to type at such a young age.. what do you think this will do (if anything) to handwriting and cursive skills further down the road?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sesame seed, I also have a dep love for music, philosophy, and life itself. I love the fact that you have a 9 year old black cat named Stitch. To be honest I never thought about how once we got into high school, schools were providing laptops for some assignments, which is crazy because I know it wasn't like that 10 years ago. Our world is truly moving and advancing in the digital age.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment